Like the editors of Life magazine, you probably think Steven McQueen is the ‘King of Cool’ but that’s only because like them, you’ve never met Papa Piehl. Born in a small Wisconsin town named Wausau, adventure took Papa Piehl from a boarding school seminary and pushed him head first into […]Read more ›
About Joe (the Explorer)
A travel and lifestyle blogger since 2010, I write about exploring new cities, gear and the search for awesome activities.
Beyond Joe the Explorer, I am a Chicago Bar and Nightlife writer and Xpert for the Chicago lifestyle site, The Local Tourist, a freelance special events correspondent for You & Me This Morning and a Community Contributor for the Chicago Tribune.
- Barrel-Aged Malört: A Bitter Experience in Chicago
Dec 01, 2013
- Are Self-Service Security Checkpoints Ready For Airports?
Nov 20, 2013
- Flying to Russia with Aeroflot
Nov 11, 2013
- Yellow Spot Irish Whiskey Hits the Spot
Nov 10, 2013
- Virgin America Releases an In-flight Safety Music Video
Nov 08, 2013